Okay, it’s the summer solstice, so I should finally reveal my summer running goals, even though I’ve been “governed” by them for 21 days already.
- Distance PR. (Trust me on this one, it was always on my list.)
- Unofficial 50K PR. (Again, I know FANS has come and gone, but it’s been on my list. wrote a draft of these in my private running journal on May 16th.)
- Run a 10K. I’ve still not managed to sign up for a 10K in, what, four years of consistent running? I’m sure there will be plenty to choose from this summer.
- Run 5 new counties. This goes along with my multi-year goal to run at least a mile in every county in MN. I have a trip to North Dakota in July that could pound all those out at once.
- Volunteer for trail work. I do a lot of volunteering at races, but I don’t have a lot of experience doing trail work. There are some opportunities coming up I’m hoping to take advantage of.
That is sort of boring, but I also don’t do that much during the summer because I am such a delicate flower, wilting in the heat. And my big big big goal, Twin Cities Marathon, isn’t until fall, but I will be working toward it this whole season. Playing the long game, as it were.